Saturday, January 14, 2006

Don't ask why!

Last night finished my German final exam paper. Gosh! It’s extremely difficult and out of my expectation. Before this, I’ve referred to the past year, and those papers were like “eating rice” to us. However, last night paper was “constipation” to us. We look at the paper and :O Two hours later, we all were like :(

There were a hell lot of questions, and a i-still-dun-understand-eventhough-i-look-and-look-again-and-again comprehension. As far as I’m concerned, I didn’t offended my German lecturer leh, how come she created such a killer paper eh??

Since I was a toddler, I used to ask all those W-questions (Why, Where, What, Who, How etc). My grandma and parents were “scared” of me, and they said I’m “jiao geh” = bird’s teeth; always chi chi chuk chuk nonstop asking this and that. Making them headache.

But, in this German, those Verb Conjugations, Grammar rules, vocabulary and so on are sometimes unquestionable, i.e. you have to accept it as what it is and memorize it by hard. Don’t ask why, coz the lecturer won’t know as well, and I bet the only person who knows would be the person who created it. So, just “swallow” whatever you can.

Coincidentally, same situation like this also happened when I was studying for my Advanced Electromagnetic Theory. There were times where the equations or a value just suddenly appeared without me knowing why. Due to lack of time to consult lecturer, I just memorize loh. What to do leh?

Sometimes life resembles similar situation as well. Don’t ask why you’re born into this world; don’t ask why you’re a male/female; don’t ask why you’re this race or that race etc, coz you’ll never know.

Life is simple and short. Ohh don’t ask me why.

No comments: