Saturday, September 23, 2006

A moment to remember

Yesterday, 22th Sept 2006 (Friday), I attended a talk given by Tun Dr. Mahathir entitled "Universities Vision 2020". I shook hands with Tun, seems unreal for me to get so close with such great person, whom I always watch on TV during my 22 yrs of life.

Along the talk, Tun talked about communication and mentioned that his wife (Tun Siti Hasmah) seldom talk with him nowadays, coz she always send msg/other things to everyone but him. All audiences in the hall burst into laughter.

During Q&A Session, the last qs was about why Tun choose 2020 as his vision and not 2010 or 2030. Tun replied, "I have a friend who can calculate/measure the year and 2020 is the year that I can see my vision."

When the talk ended, MMU Chancellor presented a token of appreciation to Tun and he shook hands with her. We laugh again as the chancellor is no one but his wife :))

Above all, I respect Tun as a great leader. Tun's contribution to Malaysia is undeniably huge.

No comments: