Friday, January 21, 2005

27th December 2004 : The Worlds is HERE, hooray!!

After having our breakfast, putting on our committee’s T-shirt, we started to work at around 9am, as the participants’ Registration Counter opened. Actually bunch by bunch of the participants arrived at Grand Seasons Hotel (GSH) since early in the morning, filling up almost every corner of the hotel lobby and spaces in front of the Registration Counter, making us hardly to find our way to walk around #-o

Won and I were stationed at GSH to arrange some debaters to go to KL International Hotel (KLI) by shuttle vans, while Francis and Joanne were in KLI itself, doing the registration for those debaters who were going to stay in KLI.

At one time when I was walking out from the Registration Counter, a debater approached me and asked me some questions. But, due to my lousy listening skills, I can’t catch what he was trying to ask me actually *paiseh :”>* So, I took the most lame solution --> pointed to the Registration Counter, asked him to ask them and escaped from there…Frankly, I did notice the way he looked at me when I pointed to the counter, I myself interpreted it as “Why this girl is so weird?” What to do? No choice but to polish up my English, or my ears? *sigh*

Basically I’ve met most of the participants on this very first day of this debating tournament. Why? Because I went to help Alex in distributing the goodie bags to the participants, as there was still no one going to KLI. And I eventually “took” his job :p Leaving Won alone doing all the arranging works,sorry ya…^:)^ I kept on repeating a few sentences when I was distributing the goodie bags 8-}

“(Smiling) Hi, how many people in your team?”
“Ohh, 5 people? / 10 people? / 16 people? etc etc”
“Here’s your goodie bags . / Here you go. (smiling)”
“Have a nice day. (smiling AGAIN)”

I was wondering when will my face muscles experienced cramps :p due to the “massive” smiles…Meanwhile, I’ve actually chatted with one of the committee, whom was helping me out in the goodie bags stuff and whom I’ve forgotten his name *forgive my short term memory loss* It was a nice chat indeed, sometimes in English, sometimes in Malay :) Our conversation mostly concentrated on which debater is pretty/cute/handsome bla bla bla :))

The participants were too many, until the goodie bags went out of stock for several times :-w Won and I only gotten the chance to grab our lunch at about 4pm, really starving man, until my stomach experienced “feelingless”. We grabbed two packs of food for Francis and Joanne as well, before we headed to KLI.

The four of us were supposed to help Gabe in the Trivia Night, an event where multinational teams will pit intelligence against intelligence, skill against skill, in the GSH ballroom. But, we had to lead the “walking parties” for participants whom were heading for the Trivia Night from KLI to GSH. Thus, eventually left Won alone (AGAIN) helping out Gabe *poor Won, really doesn’t meant to dumb you alone each time O:-)*


However, Won get to taste the vodka+cranberries drinks (meaning she drank more than just one cup >:) kakakaakaka), which is nice according to her. I didn’t get to taste it though :( Will make sure myself get a taste of it someday, sometime, somewhere :>

No comments: