Monday, January 24, 2005

31th December 2004 : 3rd (Last) Day in MMU @ New Year’s Eve

The last day of the year 2004! Today I followed the 2nd bus. In the bus, I knew a debater from China, Wei Qiang. Reached MMU, the participants headed to MPH for debate briefing, as usual. The events for today were debates Round VII, VIII & IX.

As today was Friday, so there was prayer for Muslims at about 12 noon till 2:30pm. Thus, the lunch had been served earlier, that is right after the debate Round VII. Domino’s Pizzas were the foods of the day! Most of the participants loved it :> Some of them just ran over to the foods’ canopies and grabbed one whole box of the pizza 8-} *pengsan* The situation seemed out of control, compared to the previous two days. So, we had no choice but to hide some of the pizzas, keeping it for the participants who really haven’t had their lunch. Do you know where did we hide it? ;;) I bet you can’t guess that place, muahahahha :)) Surprisingly, yes, we hid it in the LIBRARY!! And Gabe’s brother was assigned to look after it *poor thing*.

When I walked out from the library, I saw Won, Joanne, Hanni and Yingxuan were taking photos with Mike. So, of course I walked to them straight away :> *malu-nya* And, I managed to take a photo with Mike. Then, I gave him my name card, as promised the day before. After that, we went to find Miles and took photos with him as well.


Where the hell was I looking at?! :-L *stupid me!* He is just right beside me, I mean Mike :">


Miles with me. I should've looked more cheered up? Shouldn't I?!

At the evening after debate Round VIII started, we (Jay, Janet, Won, Joanne, Hanni, Dengz, Syark, Yingxuan, me etc) chatted happily at one of the canopy. Some of us even said that this is the first day that we can actually sit down, chat, joke and have some drinks in peace, ever since Worlds started :p


Photo taken with Dengz in between the chat :)

At about 5pm, Won and I helped out in the Refunds & Receipts. The envelopes were sorted according to country’s name, in alphabetical order. If I’m not mistaken, I was managing I to K, while Won was L to S. This was the time here came this one funny guy, Jon (nick name).

Jon: “This is the refund and receipts counter?”
Me: “Yes. Which country you’re from?”
Jon: “Japan! Japan! Japan! Japan! (talking with hand motion simultaneously)”
Me: “Ermm, which university then?”
Jon: “Japan! Japan! Japan! Japan!”
Me: “Har? :O (looked at him amusedly, with my mouth half opened)”
Jon: “Ohh…I think I’m from Singapore. Singapore! Singapore! Singapore! (with hand motion again)”
Me: “Singapore is the next counter. (pointed to Won)”
Jon: “Ohh…”

By this time, Hanni and I looked at each other, then started to laugh our head off =)) even it’s in front of Jon *sorry ya* It’s really so funny :))

Dengz took pizzas for me and Farah at about 6pm. So, I started to gobble my lunch and dinner ---> a piece of pizza :( After that, Joanne called me and asked me to call Ms Mazwan of CCC, a department that manages all the protocols of events. And so, I ended up meeting her in her office to discuss about the Malaysia’s Book of Records (MBR) stuff. We’ve discussed for about an hour and I’ve borrowed a pen and a pen holder from CCC for the purpose of signing the Mock Certificate during the Closing Ceremony tomorrow. Before I leaved her office, she treated me a cup of 3 in 1 coffee :D It’s so nice of her, isn’t she?

On my way back to hostel, I met with Won who was heading to STAD building, it’s then only I found out that it’s already 7:25pm :O The buses were leaving soon. I rushed back to my room, simply grabbed my bag and ran to STAD again :-L Why I said “again”?? It’s because Ms Mazwan’s office is also at STAD building :-<


In the bus, Won was writing the notice for later event, the Break Night (New Year’s Eve party) at Kenny Hills. The notice mainly was asking the participants to meet at KLI downstairs at 9:30 later, as we reached KLI at 8:45pm. Before I left the bus, I reminded the bus driver that later was at 9:30pm. However, we only departed from KLI at 10:30pm eventually, because we were waiting for some participants. So, when I boarded the bus together with Joanne and Won, the bus driver was teasing me about the time.

He: “Tengok, tadi cakap pukul sembilan setengah, sekarang sudah sepuluh setengah.”
Me: “Sorry lah abang. Saya bukan sengaja punya. Sorry, jangan marah ya.”


The three of us were standing in the bus. Got two debaters wanted to give their seats to us, but we refused :p I stand at the door side, while Joanne and Won stand higher. We chatted with the bus driver along the way. When we reached Kenny Hills, he forgot that I’m standing there, so he opened the door and the door just happened to “clamp” me. I felt myself was like a sardine being “clamp” in between two breads :-& I yelled for help at the bus driver, and he fast fast closed the door back. I walked up to Won and Joanne. Then, a Bangladeshi joked with me, “Ohh, you get slimmer (laughing).” *punch him b-( hehe*

After going down from the bus, the participants were transferred to another bus which will drive them up to a certain point, for about 1km. Then, from there they had to walk for about 1km more to reach the particular mansion. As there was only one bus driving up, so some of the participants had to wait for another round. We followed the first round and ushered the participants towards the mansion. Then we walked back to the place where the bus dropped us to usher the second round participants. On half way, a debater, Kid gave us a ride in his Kancil. *many thanks*

Won lead the second round, while I and Joanne stayed there.
Miles past by us and asked, “Are you guys coming later? (with the killer smiles – quote from Won)” We: “Ya ya, we’ll be coming.” Miles: “So, seeya later then.” We: “Alright. Seeya.”

In the mansion, we waited for the New Year’s countdown at the stair. The DJ led the people to count down from 10 second to 1 second at 11:59:50pm. At 12am sharp, all participants were cheering and shouting happily, while a few participants jumped into the swimming pool that was containing cans of liquors. Joanne took a few pictures, but hardly focused because it’s too dark there :p We left the mansion a while later. We've actually "fong fei kei -- put aeroplane (direct translation from Cantonese) :))" Miles and Mike them :p Before back to KLI, we stopped by 7-11 shop to buy mee cups and bottle waters.

We had mee cups as our supper, then sleep! This is how we celebrated our New Year’s Eve, pretty unique though :> *never ate mee cup during all my previous New Year’s Eves*

No comments: