Sunday, January 23, 2005

30th December 2004 : 2nd Day in MMU

Today there were debates Round IV, V & VI at MMU. Like yesterday, after having our breakfast, we urged the participants into the buses. Won and Francis were at the breakfast area asking them to eat faster as the buses were leaving shortly, while Joanne, Dan and I were at the Ground floor directing people into the buses. The bus will only left once it’s full, that is filled with 44 people. I followed the first bus, alone :> sitting right beside the bus driver.

We helped out Jay in lunch again, after two rounds of debates over. One unique scene during lunch break is some of the participants were actually sitting on the grass, or floor, or basically everywhere =) I bet it’s their foreign universities’ culture eh?! The Western style :> Meanwhile, some of the debaters were playing the Frisbee. It seems quite fun seeing them throwing it from a person to another person. I really feel like I’m currently in one of the Western university that I used to watch through movies :p Those campus feels…aww :x


Among the scene :)

I went to help Janet in the Public Speaking Preliminaries after lunch. It was held in the five lecture halls. The lecture halls I was in got a total of nine speakers. They get to choose their own topic from the fifteen topics listed by picking a number from 1 to 15 randomly. Each speaker was given 5 minutes to present their speeches. After chosen the topic, the next speaker had to prepare outside the lecture hall for about 5 minutes, while the current speaker was speaking inside the lecture hall. When came to the last speaker, he had actually chosen the topic called “Carl Sagan finds religion.”

He: “(looked at the topic) Ermm, can I change my topic?”
Me: “I’m sorry, you’ve chosen it.”
He: “Alright. (sounded disappointed)”


I didn’t let him change the topic as to be fair to other speakers. Then, by the time when it’s his turn to speak, he actually just made all the possible identity assumptions he can think of about Carl Sagan, from businessman to lawyer, and even to politician :)) Before he ended his speech, he said this, “I have been talking for 5 minutes about someone that I don’t even know who the hell he is!” Oh my god, he’s just so cute yet steady! Imagine you have to talk non-stop for 5 minutes about someone you have no idea of ^:)^ *salute*

Just about the time for debate Round III to finish, Joanne and I went to the STAD building waiting for the debaters to come. Here, we met with Miles and Mike. Mike asked us to take photo with both of them :D *so happy :))* After that, I gave Miles my name card, and I had no more left.

Me: “Sorry Mike, I don’t have any more name card with me now. But I have it in my room, I’ll give it to you tomorrow. (Smiling)”
Mike: “Ohh, so you’re inviting me to your room? (Smiling naughtily at me)”
Me: “(terkejut) No no no…I mean I’ll give it to you tomorrow :”> *blushing*.”


Later at night, there was Women’s Debate at Captain’s Cabin. We lead the participants to Chowkit monorail and departed towards Bukit Bintang Station. Walking for a short distance and there it is, the Captain’s Cabin! The Women’s Debate started right after we reached there, right timing leh :> The four of us (Joanne, Francis, Won & I) only had our dinner there, at about 11pm. Won and I ordered red wine, and Won get a bit drunk eventually. The three of us were watching the debate, when Won suddenly approached us and said that she wanted to go back because the debate isn’t interesting and that she was sleepy already. That was the time where we noticed that her face had turned red, due to drunk. So, we faster brought her back, as she started to talk nonsense already :))


Rut & I at KLI ground floor, before departed to Chowkit monorail. Rut is from Assumption University, Bangkok.


L-R: Won, me, Kevin & Joanne at Chowkit monorail waiting for train to Captain's Cabin.

Along the way back, the three of us were watching her every step, in the sense that we scared she might do something extraordinary. But, fortunately we get back to KLI safely, whew! #:-S In our room, Won’s emotion was still quite high, she kept on talking to me while I was already half dead in my bed @_@ And I fall asleep without knowing whether she’s still talking to me :p *too tired*

Note: Due to this “lesson”, I bet the few of us will try our very best to prevent her from being drunk again in the future =))

No comments: