Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Descriptionless

Just couldn’t stand of not posting this article, though I’m supposed to be on my bed already.

Well, some people just tend to borrow lab reports or assignments from their friends. Just simply because of one sentence --- “I don’t know how to do.”, and the whole piece of the friends’ hard work is on their hands. These people aren’t moron, they do have the brain, but they refuse to use it. I wonder why? I really feel like punch them on the face, and kick them on the arse! *Pardon me*

If they don’t know how to do the questions, they can always seek helps from their friends who know it. The friends will more than willing to explain the way to solve the problems, and help them to understand the question. (Unless the friends are selfish *you get what I mean*) Isn’t this is a better way to learn? If they just copy, they learnt not a bit!

Frankly, I would rather teach somebody how to fish, instead of giving him/her my own fish. What’s left for me to eat if I’ve given him/her my fish?! And, the next time they would come again asking for more fishes, because they don’t know the way of fishing.

Furthermore, should the lecturers caught on plagiarism --- due to some irresponsible fools who copied from head-to-tail, and from tail-back-to-head, there’s a possibility that both parties (the one who copy & the one who let people copy) might get half of the marks only, or even zero! If this happen, I’m sure the friendship won’t be as firm as before.

The purpose of assignments and lab reports are to help students to understand more deeply about certain knowledge of a subject. However, nowadays this purpose is not only unfulfilled, instead it has enhanced the skills of “copy smartly” among the students. This is definitely not a phenomenon that the lecturers would favor.

If this scenario is not condemned, I wonder what is the purpose of continually giving out assignments?! After all, all he/she needs to do is just to get a copy of an assignment, modify it smartly and submit. As easy as ABC! And the next thing we noticed is that the institutions are actually kept on producing a bunch of smart copy cats who love to keep their brains as antique!

No comments: