Saturday, March 05, 2005

Sleepless Night...

Ever since I finished my Engineering Math’s midterm test on Tuesday, I’ve actually trying to put my hand on Information Theory’s assignment. But no matter how I “looked” at the questions, there’re always new questions appearing in my brain :p And not to forget seeing a lot of stars 8-}

Some questions seemed easy, but you know, looks can be deceiving :> So whenever I wanted to do it, I’ve actually lost my direction and don’t know where to start at all! :-L Been searching through the notes, internet and don’t-know-where, but just ended up clueless. How frustrating?!

Last night we all (me and my gang of friends), the Tele students, gathered at friend’s house to do the assignments. We tried hard to solve each of the questions. One thing I would like to highlight here is about a question that required a lot of writing and carefulness. The question is about Huffman coding, where we had to write out the 1st, 2nd and 3rd order of code extensions with 3 outcomes. Well, the 3rd order has 27 combinations, and we had to construct the Huffman tree by cascading these 27 combinations. All together there were 26 stages of cascading. It really drove us nuts!! We had to be extra careful when we’re tracing the codes from the Huffman tree --- a careless mistake might led you to redo the whole thing all over again, which you will really feel like giving up :-<

There were a total of 8 questions, letting us all doing it until we’re half-dead, due to hunger and sleepless night. We started to do it at about 10pm at night, and by the time we finished, it was almost 10am in the morning. Can you imagine that?! It’s torturing, I can hardly keep my brain functioning well, and my eyes opened --- I felt like I’m a walking zombie. And all of our faces had turned greenish, which make us the best nominees for vampires, even without any make-up :))

I truly think that the assignment should be converted to a group assignment, instead of individuals. The work load is too heavy that it burdens us. Hopefully the lecturers will do us a favor in this matter in the future.

Back here --- after got back to my room at about 10am, I just “died-off” on my bed, as both my body and mind had already reached an extreme state of exhaustion. By the way, I am skipping the 10am Control Theory’s class :p Do you think I can sleep peacefully from now onwards?? Haha, NO! :-L I still had to crawl up at 2pm to finish my Information Theory’s (AGAIN) lab report. As I was in a hurry to catch the due time at 5pm, thus I just do whatever I can. Basically I have no idea what to write in my lab report, so I ended up writing a very short discussions and conclusion, without cared for whether it’s correct or not.

I rushed to campus at 4:30pm to submit both my assignment and lab report, which due at 5pm. After throwing the assignment into the tutor’s pigeon hole, and submitting the lab report, I feel I’m once again alive! L-) All the time in the world is mine again --- not belong to assignment anymore :p


Here I come my darling bed >:D< *huggzzz*

No comments: