Monday, March 21, 2005

Innocence left

Yesterday while I’m waiting for my “take-away” dinner, I heard some chit-chatting between two little sisters (I presumed that they’re girl from what I observed :p). Both of them are below age of 10.

They’re talking about some of their academic stuffs.
T - Translation

Elder sis : Bahasa English sudah. (Talking to her sis yet seemed like mumbling to herself)
(T: English already done.)

Little sis : Satu tambah dua tambah tiga…
(T: One plus two plus three…)

Elder sis : Itu Matematik. Matematik sudah.
(T: That’s Mathematics. Mathematics done)

Elder sis : Tiger “harimau” kah “buaya”?
(T: Tiger is tiger *baka translation :))* or crocodile?)

Little sis : Errmm…harimau.
(T: Errmm…tiger.)

Elder sis : Betul. Elephant “monyet” kah “gajah”?
(T: Correct. Elephant is monkey or elephant? *once again, redundant [-(*)

Little sis : Gajah.
(T: Elephant.)

Elder sis : Betul.
(T: Correct.)


Well, you might wonder why the hell am I keep an ear on their conversation. The reason is --- I got nothing to do at that moment!! Too boring and too free while waiting for my dinner. And, their conversation actually interests me. It leads me back to my childhood times.

I still remember I used to imitate teacher’s role giving lessons to my little siblings. Getting them sat in front of the “white board”, taught them and asked them questions. LOL.


Pieces from “Yesterday Once More” by Carpenters:
"Lookin' back on how it was
In years gone by
And the good times that I had
Makes today seem rather sad
So much has changed.
---------
Those old melodies
Still sound so good to me
As they melt the years away."

No comments: