Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Earthquake

The moment (approximately 12:13am)

I was sitting at my chair (both feet on the ground) when I felt the earth tremors. I thought I was having some kind of headache and dizziness, as I was just waking up from my nap.

I then looked at my roommates (kf & cyn), they also looked at me, three of us with the blank look *what happened?*

Kf then told me that she also thought that she had have some “head spinning” because of overdose use of brain power.

Cyn told us that she thought either one of us was shaking her chair (both her feet on chair) violently in order to call her.

But, apparently our room was shaking. I can felt as if I was boarding a board or ship. The shakiness was so obvious. And at that moment, all of us were like throwing our final exams to the back of our brain --- the hottest thing is the Earthquake!

My neighbour told me that her roommate’s monitor was “trembling” as well.

Consequences afterwards

News came that Northern Sumatera was hit by an Earthquake of magnitude 8.2

There were about 1000++ casualties reported.

Most states in Peninsular felt the tremors.

I’ve called my mom back in Sarawak, but she felt nothing. Probably her sweet dreams covered everything.

Residents of high-rise buildings were evacuated. For instance, Cyberia condos which were accommodated by majority of MMU students.

More news:
Preliminary Earthquake Report
Map of Earthquake locations
Earthquakes from around the World
Strong Quake Hits Indonesia Coast

A prediction that another Tsunami is on its way *nail-biting* gagagaga

Shit! I felt the earth shakes again at 3:32am. *scare*
I wasn’t dreaming…


P/s: This post initially should be at 3:05am, but procrastinated due to “kanasai” network connection.

No comments: