Thursday, February 03, 2005

2nd January 2005 : Championship Dinner

In the morning, ESL (English as Second Language) Quarterfinal and main Octofinal were held at National Art Gallery. At about 11:30am, the debates finished, thus we boarded and headed towards PWTC. Participants will be having their own lunch around PWTC. They can strolled/walked around as they like :>

Meanwhile, we (Won, Joanne, Francis, me, Dengz, Alex, Kenneth, cgpa, Gabe, Karen, Licky, Diesel, Dan and Santa) went to The Mall to have our lunch. While waiting for our meals to come, Joanne and I accompanied Won to go buy her “long aimed” Simple Plan CD. And, we managed to “talk back” 3 free posters, wahahahaaha :)>- *so called debaters’ tongue >:)*

Went back PWTC at 1:30pm, as the announcement of ESL Quarterfinals’ and Octofinals’ result will be made. While Joanne, Won and I were sitting quietly *leaning on table* at one corner, our Convener, Sumi came and asked us to help Evonne at Six Happiness Restaurant for Championship Dinner. It was 2:30pm and we (Jungle and us) quickly departed from PWTC. But…we went for shopping at The Mall first. I managed to grab a gown and a pair of shoes :))

We rushed back hotel at 3:30pm, and agreed to meet up at 4:30pm at Chowkit monorail. We reached Six Happiness at 5:35pm, 5 minutes late :p The restaurant is inside a shopping complex, 3rd floor. Later on, we helped Jay and Pam to carry cakes, really really huge cakes :p Then, Won followed Pam to get Francis’s laptop for flash presentation, while Jungle, Joanne and I went to have our dinner.

After changing into our gowns, we waited downstairs for participants to come and showed them the way up to Six Happiness. The Championship Dinner started at 8pm, and I sit at the table that nearest to the entrance one. At about 10:30pm, Joanne and I went down to urge the participants onto buses. Then, we went up again to inform them that the buses were leaving soon.

As I was sitting at our table, Mike was leaving and he came over and asked, “Are you coming to Bangkok Jam later?” Me: “Errmm…I’m not sure, but we won’t be back to hotel I supposed, so I guess yeah I’m going.” *wondering what the heck was I talking about 8-}* Mike: “Alrite, see ya then, bye. (wink at me)” *I am drowning in his charisma :”>*




Photo taken during the Championship Dinner, the Girls' Army :>

Jungle drove us (all girls :>) to Bangkok Jam while guys had to walk. However, the four tired people (Won, Francis, Joanne and I) were not going into Bangkok Jam, we’re sitting at the stairs opposite to Bangkok Jam instead *mad*, waiting for Dengz to fetch us back. Francis had accompanied me to stroll in Bangkok Jam for a while, because I wana have a closer look at it. I didn’t see Mike in there though…hehe :p


Reached hotel and as usual “dead in bed” :> Good night everyone!

No comments: